The TradeLocks uPVC Door Opening Kit is designed for those people who need to gain lawful access to a domestic property, or who are just starting out in the locksmith trade. With simple-to-follow, step-by-step instructions, new locksmiths will be able to easily work out the most efficient way in which to enter a building, with minimal disruption. And we have recently made an educational and informative video (that you can see right here), which explains in detail how to use the uPVC Door Opening Kit effectively, so that it reaches its maximum potential.
This TradeLocks uPVC Door Opening Kit has been specifically designed to gain entry into both newer composite door types, as well as uPVC doors, but it can also be used on other doors that use Euro Cylinders-including higher-security PAS24 doors.
The TradeLocks uPVC Door Opening Kit comprises of the following parts:
- The Cylinder Snapper Bar: This is a high-quality Snapper Bar, which has been designed for oval profile and euro profile cylinders. This particular Snapper Bar is effective on any type of euro cylinder which protrudes more than 6mm from the handle. Nowadays, most euro cylinders do not overhang the door handle by more than 3mm, which means that usage of the snapper is limited to snapping cylinders once the handles are removed.
- Door Spreader: The Door Spreader looks very much like a spade, but has been designed instead to move uPVC profile enough in a vertical or horizontal direction in order to bypass the locking system on uPVC-style doors. The chamfered edge of the tool means that you can lever back door seals without causing any damage.
- The Air Wedge: The Air Wedge is designed to work in conjunction with the Door Spreader to successfully open uPVC doors and windows-and safely prevent the door from springing back. It comes complete with a handy, easy-to-operate air pump.
- The Handle Drill Point Template: This clever Patent Pending device has been manufactured to identify the fixing points on both short and long back plate style door handles. It has also been designed to offer some glow in dark lighting, which will enable you to locate the drill point in total darkness. The Handle Drill Point Template also removes the requirement to balance a torch under your chin, so you have total freedom of movement.
- The Cylinder Cam Turner: The Tradelocks Cylinder Cam Turner is a black plastic gadget that can be inserted straight into the lock once you have snapped the cylinder to turn the door bolt.
- The Spindle Handle: This spindle handle is inserted into the spindle slot so that it acts as a replacement for the removed door handle. This will allow the spindle to be elevated up, enabling the door bolt to be turned with ease using the Cylinder Cam Turner.
- Coach Bolts: The coach bolts are used to tightly secure the property if you have damaged and then removed the original outer door handle. The coach bolts give up to permanent security to the handle and also provide ample time to get a new handle ordered if you do not have one immediately to hand.
Now that you have been introduced to the Tradelocks uPVC Door Opening Kit and its components, you now need to know how to use them in a real live situation.
The objective is simple-to gain quick access to a property with as little damage to the actual door as possible. The perfect situation is to have zero damage to the door, the hardware or the lock-but unless you practice, this will be highly unlikely. Instead, the TradeLocks uPVC Door Opening Kit has been designed specifically to limit any damage to the door itself (which is the expensive part) and instead damage the cylinder and outer handle, if necessary.
You will need to decide what you are facing, and get an idea of what has happened, before undertaking any tasks. It may be as simple as the customer has mislaid their keys or even locked themselves out. Alternatively, it could be a jammed locking mechanism.
You need to know what type of door you are dealing with, and then determine how you are going to go about resolving the issue. Is it a uPVC Patio Door? Is it a uPVC Door and Frame? Is it a wooden or a composite door? All of these factors will alter the way in which you carry out a task, and the tools you use. The TradeLocks uPVC Door Opening Kit is versatile, multifunctional and designed for longevity and effectiveness, so you will discover that it comes in very handy when you need to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
The TradeLocks uPVC and Composite Door Opening Kit is just one of hundreds of tools for lawful openings of buildings, safes and cars. For more details please visit www.tradelocks.co.uk. Alternatively, you can watch our fantastic video and use it as a guideline, as it perfectly demonstrates how to handle the unbeatable TradeLocks uPVC Door Opening Kit with precision and accuracy:
You can also visit our YouTube Channel for regular updates on hints, tips and lawful entry techniques.